Thursday 19 February 2015

Ye Gods ... snow in Cyprus

Well I never - on this the coldest day we have had since arriving in Cyprus two and a half years ago - we had snow at sea level. The thermometer is showing 4.3°C and Ann has just asked me to remind her why we moved here. I mumbled something about months and months of sunshine every year, and then we turned up the heating.

I have just returned from the supermarket with essential supplies - red wine, pizza and a spare bottle of gas. I suspect we shall curl up in front of the TV this afternoon and this is when we bless our Android TV box. Any movie, and tv show (literally from the last forty years), and live television from around the world - all for about 0.50 € a day. 

I'm finding it hard to motivate myself, as I now seem to seize up (mentally) when the temperature drops. We are as warm as toast inside the house but, even after such a short time, we are pining for blue skies and sunshine. No doubt, especially during the hottest months of the summer, we shall be complaining that the water in the pool is not cool enough.

But, as Cecil Rhodes wrote, "Remember you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment