Thursday 26 November 2015

Amidst all the gloom and doom ...

Some domestic good news amidst all the terrible events happening in the world at the moment. This morning I woke up and thought that my iPad was a little faster than usual. Checking the Internet speed, I found that our ISP (Cyta) had doubled our speed overnight. It had been announced that this would happen before the end of December and the local word was that it would happen, according to a little birdie, on December 1st.

But - lo and behold - our speed was doubled and it has transformed my Android TV box - as well as our browsing and streaming of music.

And then, as I am in the market for a new electric razor for Christmas, the Amazon Black Friday deals has come up trumps. I decided a wet and dry electric razor was what I wanted and Braun was my preferred make. The model I had chosen had been cut in price from £119.00 to £62.00, which was a more realistic price. My pension comes in tomorrow and that seems a good day to buy. But this afternoon, I found that Amazon was putting this model of razor in their Lightning Deals from 22.30 this evening. So, alarm set, I shall purchase when the Lightning Deal appears and hopefully save some money.

Both of these issues are totally unimportant but will bring a smile to our faces. Tomorrow we meet our friend Pam, and our friends Pete and Sylvi, for fish and chips at the Turtle Tavern in Argaka. It will be good to catch up with them all. On Sunday we travel to Pomos for a pre-Christmas celebration with our friends John and Jill. And then, it's just a matter of waiting for Amazon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment