Friday 29 December 2017

Christmas time ...

Well here we are heading towards our sixth Christmas in Cyprus. We shall be glad to get there as the last week or two have been very busy, and occasionally frustrating. It all started when I realised I had to apply for my State Pension, which according to the UK government, is described as a benefit. What! I could rant on for hours about having to apply for a benefit which I started to contribute towards in 1969.

Our motto for 2018, which sounds uncharitable, is to mirror what Peter O'Toole cried aloud in Lawrence of Arabia "No Prisoners". We are utterly sick of being taken advantage of, and used, by those who home in on Ann's kindness. My lovely wife is one of the kindest souls on this planet, and people have taken advantage of her since we have moved here. She is "Such a good listener" they say, and then bombard her with their concerns.

Well no more. If you have a problem then consult a psychiatrist. Don't bring your problems to us. I get heartily sick of people using and abusing Ann's good offices and she does not need any of that stuff.

So be warned ... cross our threshold and we will bite back ... and sort your own problems out.

No comments:

Post a Comment