Sunday 11 March 2018

Short trousers ... in March

Hard to believe that the weather is so perfect today that shorts are the order of the day. Even Ann removed a layer. A gentle breeze, warm sunshine and a blue sky - there are times I would be content with all of this, especially when the temperature in the shade is 35°C + in summer. But there again, the water in the pool needs to warm up somehow.

The pain I have been suffering as a result of my cracked ribs is a little more bearable today, and I am cutting down on the number of painkillers I am taking. We are off to the pub this afternoon to pick up our "Beware of the Dog" and "Shut the Gate" sign that Ann commissioned from Mike (the ever-so-talented barman at the Turtle Tavern), and I suppose it would be rude not to stay for a drink or two.

Apart from that, everything is on hold until I become more comfortably mobile. The doctor thought about twenty days, but I am hoping for a shorter time than that. The builders are still here and Daisy is relaxed enough not to bark a warning when they arrive. One of the guys has, without being asked, picked up garden rubbish we were collecting and disposed of it for us. He obviously felt sorry for the old boy hobbling around in pain. What a lovely gesture.


No comments:

Post a Comment